PATIO: Taylor Knighton
– ALL AGES- LIMITED PATIO SEATING IS FIRST COME, FIRST SERVEDTAYLOR KNIGHTONSinger-songwriter Taylor Knighton grew up on the Gulf Coast but now calls the mountains of Western North Carolina home. Her musical stylings reflect her southern roots, with plenty of twang, a big heartfelt voice, and a sweet pop influence. She likes to incorporate her love of mythology and folk tales into her songwriting, telling timeless stories with a fresh, fun spin.
PATIO: Paul Edelman
– ALL AGES- LIMITED PATIO SEATING IS FIRST COME, FIRST SERVEDPAUL EDELMAN Nearly born on the airplane from Columbus to Philly, The Jangling Sparrow has cultivated a passionate, loyal following with provocative lyrics and moving performances. To date, Paul has shared bills with Scott Miller, Robert Earl Kean, James McMurtry, Neko Case, Big Sandy, Langhorne Slim, Patty Larkin, Drive-by Truckers, The Sadies, Slim Cessna, Bottle Rockets, Grayson Capps, among many others. Paul Edelman has worked with some of the industries greatest names, he has recorded with Jimmy Johnson (founder Muscle Shoals Studio), Nashville session staple drummer, Martin Parker (Ricky Scaggs, Alison Krauss, Patti Loveless) and keyboardist Steve Fordham (Mavis Staples). Paul relocated to Asheville, N.C. In 2008 where he quickly grabbed winner of the Flat Rock Music Festival songwriter competition
OUTPOST: Frances Eliza
– ALL AGES- STANDING ROOM ONLY- RAIN OR SHINEFrances ElizaOriginally from Raleigh, North Carolina, Asheville-based singer-songwriter Frances Eliza blends her love of songwriting with her passion for jazz, indie-folk, and pop music. Her jarring, unexpected lyrics and intricate melodies delve into the challenges of human relationships from the perspective of an independent-minded young woman and musician. Jammerzine Magazine describes Frances as “A storyteller who invites the listener into her private life as she shares and explores experiences of love, loss, and pain in the hopes that sharing in these experiences will bring some measure of comfort to those listeners.” Frances’ bittersweet music and raw vocal timbre first came to life in her debut EP “Sleepwalking,” released in late 2019 (currently only available on Bandcamp and Soundcloud). Her most recent seven-track project, “No Longer Mine” was released in January 2022. Kathryn O’Shea Recognized as that Asheville-native vocalist with the banjo and all the feelings, Kathryn O’Shea can’t seem to figure out how to write a song that doesn’t make anybody cry. Since releasing her solo LP January 9th, a vulnerable portrait of grief, she has now assembled a band and begun leaning into bolder, broader soundscapes. With masterful vocal play and poignant lyricism riding on dynamic and delicate arrangements, Kathryn O’Shea’s music feels like the light at the end of the tunnel, aiming to remind listeners of the imperative necessity of liberating ourselves from the prison of our own shame.Kassidy BlountKassidy Blount is a singer-songwriter currently based in Asheville, NC. She combines her love for jazz, pop and acoustic-folk to create music with an emphasis on lyricism and storytelling. When she isn’t performing by herself or with local band Serotina, Kassidy teaches music to elementary students in WNC. Kassidy is passionate about connecting with her audience through the shared emotions and experiences her music brings into view.
– ALL AGES- STANDING ROOM ONLYLEITH ROSSLeith Ross is a songwriter, singer, and artist born and raised in a small town outside of Ottawa, Ontario, Canada. They’ve been a sensitive and overly artistic person since birth and when they started writing songs around the age of 12 it quickly became Leith’s favourite way to be sensitive and overly artistic. Still is. Since then, they’ve recorded and released two projects, and have a new one underway. Inspired by the likes of Lucinda Williams, Dolly Parton, Disney movie soundtracks, High School Musical, and their dad’s horrible parodies of all of the above, their songs attempt to explore themes of gut-wrenching and cheesy love, silliness and extreme existentialism. Their favourite stuff. Leith’s latest single, “We’ll Never Have Sex,” is soaked in that ‘favourite stuff’ and ready to be listened to wherever you can find it. Coming Soon To Some Kind Of Live Venue Near You!
PATIO: Hannah Bethel
– ALL AGES- LIMITED PATIO SEATING IS FIRST COME FIRST SERVEHANNAH BETHEL Storytelling permeates throughout popular music, but few songwriters can stop you in your tracks and transport you to a specific moment in time, making you feel love, heartbreak, and nostalgia quite like Hannah Bethel. Her ability to tap into deeply personal songwriting was the turning point for her, and beginning in 2018, provided a trilogy of breakthrough songs, including “Train,” “Rhinestone Rodeo,” and the emotionally riveting “The House Is on Fire,” the latter of which won top honors in the Americana category of the 2019 International Songwriting Competition. Blurring the lines between Americana, country, folk, rock and pop, her artistry reflects who she is: a fiercely independent, wild, and untamed spirit. It was Bethel’s destiny to become a performer and songwriter. Born in Fond du Lac, Wisconsin, and raised in Houghton, Michigan, she studied dance as a child, and later drew musical influences from Seventies rock and country music artists Tom Petty, The Eagles, Fleetwood Mac, and Willie Nelson. Driven to carve out her own musical style, she took up the guitar, and began honing her own talents as a teenaged singer-songwriter traveling the upper Midwest performing at fairs, bars, talent shows, coffee houses, shopping malls and country western shows. She self-released her first record at age 17, and the following year she moved to Nashville where she released three more albums over a six-year span. Bethel’s stellar 2022 EP, ‘Until the Sun Comes Back Around,’ leads you through the culmination of the past few years of her life, and the surrender to her own truth. This watershed period of creativity provided the fire power behind the EP’s critically acclaimed songs, “Bad News Baby,” “Someone’s Woman,” and “On the Way Down.” Bethel has received accolades from Maverick, The Washington Post, Billboard, Holler Country, Taste of Country, Country Music People, Americana Highways and others. Her music has garnered airplay on indie rock, Americana, and country radio outlets across the globe, including WRLT Lightning 100, WMOT Roots Radio and WSM, and her videos have been featured on CMT, Ditty TV, and The Country Network. In 2022, she took home the award for “Best Female Vocalist” at the 2022 Appalachian Arts and Entertainment Awards. She is also a proud endorsee of Gretsch, Furch and Taylor Guitars.
Amy Steinberg: Album Release Show
– ALL AGES- SEATED SHOW- LIMITED NUMBER OF PREMIUM SEATING TICKETS AVAILABLEAMY STEINBERG (ALBUM RELEASE SHOW) “Singular” is the word that best describes Amy Steinberg. Uplifting, enlightening and hilarious with a voice that can burn the house down, Amy Steinberg is singer, songwriter and storyteller like none other. She plays the piano with her own swingy rhythmic bounce, injecting shades of jazz, rock, hip hop, and poetry, all with a theatrical flair. Deeply soulful, with her power belt, she sings of self-love, open-mindedness, and the holiness of everything. Amy is the Creatrix of House of Love & Light, an online spiritual community that began at the beginning of quarantine. Deeply involved with the New Thought and Positive Music world, as well as the LGBTQ+ community, she plays at conferences, Spiritual Centers, venues and festivals all over the country. Amy’s new recording is her 12th independent CD, “Big Bang Breaks” a powerful collection of uplifting gems.
PATIO: Western Carolina Writers
– ALL AGES- LIMITED PATIO SEATING IS FIRST COME FIRST SERVEWESTERN CAROLINA WRITERS Western Carolina Writers was established in 2019 by Nick McMahon, along with Jesse Frizsell and Thomas Yon, as a traveling “Songwriters-In-The-Round” style show. The idea was to take turns performing original songs with fun moments of collaboration at venues all over Western North Carolina. After about a dozen increasingly successful shows, McMahon started inviting other area songwriters to participate. And now after around 150 shows featuring close to 80 different local artists, the concept has become even more popular, fun and diverse. Last year, Mcmahon and current project partner, Stephen Evans, decided to take this show into the listening rooms and out of the noisy bars and breweries so the songs could really be heard and appreciated. With three recent magical, well attended songwriter showcases at The Grey Eagle and Isis Music Hall in Asheville, NC, this decision has proven to be the right move. This particular Patio Show at The Grey Eagle will feature 3 amazing area singer-songwriters with the lineup to be announced soon!
Deb Talan (of The Weepies)
– ALL AGES- FULLY SEATED SHOW- LIMITED NUMBER OF PREMIUM SEATING TICKETS AVAILABLEDEB TALAN Deb Talan has been writing songs since she was 14 years old. Granted, her style has changed a bit since writing the forever-unknown smash-hit “Through the Window” about feeling numb, like life was going on somewhere out there but not accessible to her (at 14. so jaded.) She played clarinet, wrote songs on piano, later taught herself to play guitar in college, got obsessed with Shawn Colvin, was a vegetarian for 4 years, ended that with a hotdog and a swim in lake Michigan, started a band in Portland, OR with her friend Mark, named it Hummingfish, wrote a lot of fun songs that people danced to ‘til they were all sweaty in that hipster/grungy/geeky Northwest kind of way, moved back to the east coast 6 years and a divorce later and began playing solo in Boston coffee houses (read: 4 different Starbucks that she also poured espresso at) opened shows for Catie Curtis (a songwriter hero of hers) met up with Steve Tannen and formed The Weepies, played shows all over the country and the world, toured in a real tourbus! moved to LA, got married to Steve, made 5 records and 3 amazing boy-children together with him, had songs placed in loads of movies and tv shows, moved to Iowa, got breast cancer, got chemotherapy and relied heavily on marijuana for pain and nausea relief(Legalize, for gods’ sakes, can we grow up as a country, please?) recovered from breast cancer, made a solo album, struggled with mental health issues (Childhood Incest Survivor, lucky to be alive, music has helped, and so have many blessed healers) and relationship issues for 6 years, got divorced from Steve. She has a lot she could say these days. She prefers to listen. But playing songs for people is a close second. Music heals. Songs can be prayers. Deb Talan is some lovely damn proof of that.
PATIO: Laura Lamb
– ALL AGES- LIMITED PATIO SEATING IS FIRST COME, FIRST SERVEDLAURA LAMB “Laura Lamb’s voice was made for live music” – Mspmag.com Laura Lamb found her voice at a young age while watching her mother’s family gather around a grand piano in Minneapolis, Minnesota singing songs by artists like Carole King, Norah Jones and Etta James. She remembers learning how to harmonize with her grandparents, while developing her smooth & melancholy voice. “It was a strange feeling to sing and bring my parents’ friends to tears. It felt really special to be able to make people feel emotional as a young kid.” She began writing songs after receiving her first guitar at age 12. Fast-forward to college days when Lamb first discovered Nashville, Tennessee. She was quickly swept under the wings of hit Singer-Songwriter and Monument Recording Artist, Cailyn Smith (Dolly Parton, Miley Cyrus, Meghan Trainor) who gracefully mentored the young artist in her songwriting and performance skills. Before she knew it, she was showcasing her new Nashville co-written songs at coffee houses near her college campus in St. Paul, MN. After selling out her first big show in downtown Minneapolis, she made the brave move cross-country to Music City. Today, she has honed her craft while creating music some of Nashville’s finest songwriters and musician’s. She’s debuted her music at the Bluebird Cafe and has played Girls of Nashville – which showcases up and coming singer-songwriters. The independent artist has been preparing her next record with hit producer, Misa Arriaga (Kacey Musgraves), which will display her unique voice and emotion. The first single, Bluebird recently won top 10 in the NSAI 21st Annual Song Contest out of 3000 submissions.
PATIO: John Allen Keck
– ALL AGES- LIMITED PATIO SEATING IS FIRST COME, FIRST SERVEDJOHN ALLEN KECK John Allen Keck is originally from California, but now lives in Asheville, North Carolina. While living in California, John had a record deal with Epic in the 90s with his band “Hand of Fate.” John has played with people from the Red Hot Chili Peppers, Pearl Jam and Smashing Pumpkins. His earlier stuff was Alternative Rock. John stopped playing music over 25 years ago, but started writing songs and playing again in 2018. John’s music is influenced by Tom Petty, U2, Jason Isbell, Radiohead, The Rolling Stones, David Bowie, Pink Floyd and The Beatles. His EP, “Let You In” is his first release since “Hand of Fate.”