– ALL AGES- STANDING ROOM ONLYBUILT TO SPILL Built to Spill is an indie rock band from Boise, ID, formed in 1992 by guitarist/vocalist Doug Martsch. In September 2022 they released their most recent album, through SubPop – “When the Wind Forgets Your Name”. Known as well for its rotating line up, the band currently counts with Melanie Radford on bass and Teresa Esguerra on drums.
– ALL AGES- STANDING ROOM ONLYOS MUTANTESOs Mutantes (“The Mutants”) are an influential Brazilian psychedelic rock band that were linked with the Tropicália movement of the late 1960s. When Os Mutantes was formed, it combined influences from psychedelic acts from the English-speaking world like The Beatles, Jimi Hendrix, and Sly & the Family Stone with bossa nova, tropicália, samba and the cultural legacy of the Brazilian art vanguards from the modernist movement. One of the most well-known and influential rock bands in Brazil, Os Mutantes are cited as a major influence to many contemporary underground or independent bands in the United States and Europe. Beck paid tribute to the group with his single “Tropicália” from the album Mutations. The Bees (UK band) covered “A Minha Menina” on their first album, Sunshine Hit Me. Red Hot Chili Peppers bass player Flea has stated on his Twitter account that he is a fan. Kevin Barnes of Of Montreal cites Os Mutantes as an important influence. Talking Heads frontman David Byrne has worked to publish and promote the group’s music through his Luaka Bop label. Kurt Cobain publicly requested a reunion tour from the trio in 1993, writing a letter to Arnaldo Baptista, but the bands first live performance since 1978 was at London’s Barbican Arts Centre on May 22, 2006 – (though without Rita Lee, who was replaced with Zélia Duncan on vocals). This performance was followed by shows in New York City, Los Angeles (with the Flaming Lips), San Francisco, Seattle, Denver, Chicago, and Miami. However in September 2007, both Arnaldo Baptista and Zélia Duncan left the band, each expressing wishes to continue with their respective solo projects.Sérgio Dias, however, vowed to keep the reformed band alive, not wanting to let “the giant sleep again”, as he put it. And so, led by Dias with Esmeria Bulgari on vocals, Henrique Peters on keyboards, Vinicius Junqueira on bass and Claudio Tchernev on drums the band toured extensively enjoying some great highlights such as “A Minha Menina” featuring as the audio track for the McDonald’s commercial “Victory” in June 2008, their first new release in 35 years, “Haih Or Amortecedor” (ANTI- Records) in September 2009. Extensive tours in support of the album including Glastonbury Festival in June 2010. In 2011, they collaborated with Of Montreal on the song “Bat Macumba” for the Red Hot Organization’s most recent charitable album “Red Hot+Rio 2.” and in 2013 the release of their album “Fool Metal Jack”. In 2017, Sergio Dias collaborated with the English singer-songwriter, Carly Bryant and subsequently she was put into the band’s line up on vocals, guitars and keyboards. Tres Olhos Music Festival quoted after her debut performance “”Packed with the new vocals, Carly Bryant took the audience to ecstasy, showing she’s here to stay.” The six piece release the single ‘Black and Grey’ in late 2017 and are currently working on a new studio album.”A head-turning comeback” BBC music “There was nothing quite like Os Mutantes, and there still isn’t” The Guardian”Kaleidoscopic, politically-charged rock” Billboard
– ALL AGES- STANDING ROOM ONLYTHE SADIES Without doubt or qualification, The Sadies are one of this continent’s greatest extant rock ’n’ roll bands — just as they have been for the last quarter-century. Versatile and imaginative, they skip from astral psychedelia to shuffling bucolics and leap from puckish pop to righteous garage-rock without losing momentum or mastery. Their albums deliver masterclasses on pointed songwriting, lockstep harmonies, and a devil-may-care attitude to expectations and past successes. With their new album – Colder Streams – out now, check out what Shindig Magazine calls “a stone-cold masterpiece”.
– ALL AGES- STANDING ROOM ONLYGA-20 GA-20 clearly is on to something big. It’s a movement, a new traditional blues revival. The dynamic, throwback blues trio are disciples of the place where traditional blues, country and rock ‘n’ roll intersect. “We make records that we would want to listen to,” says guitarist Matt Stubbs. “It’s our take on the song-based traditional electric blues we love.” Stubbs, guitarist/vocalist Pat Faherty, and drummer Tim Carman have been at the forefront of this traditional blues revival since they first formed in 2018. It’s no wonder they skyrocketed to the top of the Billboard Blues Chart.According to Stubbs, “Since we started the band we’ve focused on the story, the melody, and on creating a mood. Playing live as much as we do, we’re finding more and more that people are discovering how cool it all is. Traditional country, soul and funk music have all had these massive recent revivals, but traditional blues so far has not.” With their new Colemine album, Crackdown, and an intensive tour schedule, that’s all about to change.On Crackdown, GA-20’s third full-length release, the band creates an unvarnished, ramshackle blues that is at once traditional and refreshingly modern. Expanding on their previous releases (2019’s Lonely Soul and 2021’s Try It…You Might Like It! GA-20 Does Hound Dog Taylor) GA-20 finds inspiration on the edges of the genre, where early electric blues first converged with country and rock ‘n’ roll. The album’s nine original songs include the loping, Louisiana-flavored Dry Run, the dirty, and bare-bones Easy On The Eyes and the melodic, garage-tinged Fairweather Friend. With tight, propulsive performances and a brevity and punk energy reminiscent of The Ramones, Crackdown is rowdy and fun, filled with instantly memorable, and well-crafted songs.LADYCOUCH “Everybody’s dancing, y’all — it’s about that time,” Allen Thompson sings during the first minute of LadyCouch’s ‘Future Looks Fine,’ setting the tone for a debut album rooted in groove, soul, and the family-like bond of the musicians. A southern-rock jam band fronted by Thompson and co-founder Keshia Bailey, LadyCouch brings together a lineup of songwriters, horn players, harmony singers, and first-rate instrumentalists. The result is a larger-than-life sound inspired by the revue bands of the 1970s, bringing a contemporary approach to the timeless influence of Delaney & Bonnie, Little Feat, and Joe Cocker’s Mad Dogs and Englishmen. Funky and fiercely loyal, LadyCouch’s members are a community unto themselves, writing optimistic songs about the struggles and triumphs that connect us all. “We choose to make it through hard times by being together,” says Bailey, who previously cut her teeth in the throwback soul group Magnolia Sons. “There will always be struggle. You can sit and bask in it, or you can keep moving forward. For me, the best option is bond together and sing it out. That’s what this band does for me. LadyCouch heals me.”
– ALL AGES- STANDING ROOM ONLYWYATT MORAN Raised in the driftless north of Minnesota, Wyatt Moran has become an underground mainstay in the folk and indie rock scenes of the Twin Cities. Playing such legendary venues as 7th Street Entry like many before him, Moran has been inspired by the countless names and faces that have walked across those very same stages. From finger-picked guitars to heavy indie rock instrumentals, Moran’s music spans many genres but his intentions are always clear: write songs with integrity that people can connect to. Explosive and crushing drums lurk behind Moran’s cyclical baritone guitar riffs. Bass lines float in and out of focus as Moran’s voice carries his emo-adjacent style of songwriting. Moran currently lives in Boston, MA where he is finishing his undergrad program at Berklee College of Music, but regularly returns to Minnesota to play, record, and perform his music. With two national tours under his belt and another being planned for winter 2022, Moran plans to record his debut record in January 2023, with plans for a west coast tour and record release in the summer/fall of the same year. WELL KEPTWell Kept is an alternative rock band from Athens, GA, harnessing a potent combination of modern indie rock and classic emo. Originally formed in 2019 as the songwriting vehicle for Athens producer Tommy Trautwein, Well Kept has blossomed into a 5-piece band that is just as imaginative in the studio as they are powerful onstage. Their new record The Inquirer was self-produced by Trautwein and features a denser and more detailed sound, filled with both honest and reflective songwriting and the type of hooks that have fit in smoothly when Well Kept has shared bills with modern pop bands like Dayglow and COIN. With The Inquirer, Well Kept appear to be on the cusp of thrilling change, having proven they can craft ambitious widescreen rock songs without losing the intimacy of their home recording roots.CONVALESCENTDrawing from emo, pop punk, and Americana influences, Convalescent strives for raw, honest expression through music. Officially bearing the moniker since 2019, songwriter Joel Ragan has been writing and performing in Asheville since 2012. Convalescent’s six-song EP “I Swear I’m Trying” touches on themes of motivation, hopelessness, and questions about the meaning of life.MARY’S LETTERSeamlessly blurring the lines between 2nd wave emo acts and post rock songwriting, Mary’s Letter is a unique blend of heart on the sleeve lyricism with patient buildups and climaxes. Maintaining a sense of pop sensibility, the Asheville 5 piece manages to create sonic soundscapes which evoke intense emotions out of the listener, without losing a sense of accessibility.
– w/ CAVE GRAVE, DOT COM BUBBLE, THE EMOTRON, DJ GOTHDAD – ALL AGES- STANDING ROOM ONLYSECRET SHAME Secret Shame refuse to limit their sound to a single genre but instead pull from a wide range of influences including post-punk, death rock, shoegaze, and dream-pop. Infectious guitar melodies and interlocking bass lines lead a narrative shaped by dynamic drums. There is a sonic tension between rage and melancholy, the beautiful and the bleak, that finds resolution in the way the music reflects the mood of the lyrics. So too does the dynamic range of Lena’s distinct voice, with the subdued resonance of gentler songs beckoning the listener nearer to her commanding presence in aggressive songs. Secret Shame first took shape when bassist Matthew met vocalist Lena through mutual friends in summer of 2016. Nathan, who had released the band’s first EP, later joined on drums, and not long after, Aster joined on guitar. Secret Shame’s debut full-length, Dark Synthetics, received widespread critical acclaim with the single Calm being featured on The New York Time’s weekly playlist and the album landing on many album-of-the-year lists, including #77 on Bandcamp Daily and #1 on Post-Punk.com. Secret Shame recorded Autonomy at Drop of Sun with engineer/producer Alex Farrar. Both musically and lyrically, the band reaches a new level of maturity in the album. The diverse yet cohesive eleven song record touches on addiction, body dysmorphia, abuse, and mental illness. The band is releasing their sophomore album, Autonomy, October 28th before embarking on a month-long full US tour sharing east coast dates with the goth-pop band Vision Video.CAVE GRAVEDOT COM BUBBLETHE EMOTRONDJ GOTHDAD
– ALL AGES- STANDING ROOM ONLYTHE GET RIGHT BAND “The Get Right Band are the type of performers that you just know will break out. Their songs are infectious and take you immediately to a place. The lyrics are smart and bear weight.” -The Huffington Post The Get Right Band is a psychedelic indie rock power trio from Asheville, NC. They are a band focused on following their muses to honest self-expression, to whatever excites them and pushes them into unexplored territory. The Get Right Band proudly carries the torch for a long line of genre-bending power trios from Cream to The Jimi Hendrix Experience to The Police to Violent Femmes to Primus to Green Day to Nirvana to Sublime. It’s the space between the notes, the rawness and the maneuverability, that makes a power trio, well, so damn powerful. “An ass shaking good time.” -Relix Magazine The Get Right Band’s career highlights include shows with Everclear, Rusted Root, Dr. Dog, Smash Mouth, Ozomatli, Dirty Dozen Brass Band, and Victor Wooten; appearances on NPR’s World Cafe and Nashville’s Music City Roots television show; and performances at major festivals and venues including FloydFest, StrangeCreek, Riverbend Fest, The Orange Peel, Brooklyn Bowl, and The Hamilton. “I love this song!” -Marc Maron, of WTF podcast The band is built on the musical brotherhood that guitarist/vocalist Silas Durocher and bassist Jesse Gentry have formed playing music together since middle school. Durocher, who is a trained composer and has been commissioned to write for symphonies and chamber groups, has guitar chops that can soothe or rage and a charismatic swagger as a frontman and a singer. “Durocher has an impressive range and rich clarity to his vocals—think a more soulful Dan Auerbach” (Connect Savannah). Gentry’s virtuosic bass playing “catapults from elastic to nasty” (The Mountain Xpress). With the addition of Jian-Claude Mears, a drummer with “precision, passion, and an inescapable momentum” (Live For Live Music), the group’s sound has become an unstoppable force. They have been wowing audiences around the country and the Caribbean since their inception in 2011 with an unparalleled live show and a relentless tour schedule. “Tight and diverse jams and a distinctive, intellectual but accessible worldview.” -Live For Live Music RANDOM ANIMALSRandom Animals is an Asheville, North Carolina based Indie-Soul quintet formed in 2016.
– ALL AGES- STANDING ROOM ONLYJ RODDY WALSTON Ring the bells of yuletide hell yeahs! The King of Eggnog No No’s (aka J Roddy Walston) is back with his 2nd annual ‘Christmas to the Bone’ tour! Come and bear witness to new Christmas songs that could only come from natural born strange rangers like J Roddy Walston and the Tennessee Tinsel…. Old classic Christmas songs done at full volume? That’s a big ole holiday yes too!!! ….but wait there’s more, stick around for an encore that some would call the gift that keeps on giving for fans of J Roddy and his catalog of certified rock and roll bangers!!!! Merry dang Christmas to the Bone America!
– ALL AGES- STANDING ROOM ONLYDRIVIN N CRYIN Celebrating their 35th Anniversary together, Atlanta-based folk rock act, Drivin N Cryin, have spent most of their career on tour. In October 1985 Drivin N Cryin played their first show at Atlanta’s famed 688 Club. The band quickly gained attention for their blistering live shows, and amassed a rabid fanbase in the fertile soil of the late-1980s Southeast music scene. Now, 35 years later, and after releasing four full length albums on Island Records and one on Geffen Records, founding members Kevn Kinney and Tim Nielsen find themselves enjoying a milestone anniversary for the band, having survived the pressures of fame, a shifting musical landscape, multiple lineup changes, and miles of back roads and highways to arrive here. After a gold record, 9 full-length albums, and a handful of EPs to their credit, the band still refuses to rest. In 2012, a documentary about the band, entitled Scarred but Smarter: Life n Times of Drivin’ N’ Cryin’, was produced. In 2015, a collection of 10 choice cuts from the band’s 4-EP “Songs” series, entitled Best of Songs, was released on Nashville’s Plowboy Records. Additionally, the band was inducted into the Georgia Music Hall of Fame the same year. The following year, Drivin N Cryin released a vinyl-only album, entitled Archives Vol One, with a collection of basement recordings from the years 1988 to 1990. With Dave V. Johnson on drums, and the band’s newest member, Laur Joamets, (originally Sturgill Simpson) added to the lineup, Drivin N Cryin continues to tour the U.S. to great acclaim. Island Records re-released their highly recognized Mystery Road album through Universal Music Group (2017) & Darius Rucker cut Straight to Hell on his new album, When Was the Last Time, released October 2017 with guest vocal appearances by Luke Bryan, Charles Kelley, and Jason Aldean. Mystery Road was named one of “The 50 Best Southern Rock Albums of All Time” by Paste Magazine that year as well. In 2018, New West Records re-released their self-titled 1997 album with a new name, Too Late To Turn Back Now!. In addition, the band recently celebrated the release of their 9th studio album, ‘Live the Love Beautiful’. Produced by Nashville’s, and former band member, Aaron Lee Tasjan, the album was released on Drivin N Cryin Records to much praise. A quote from the band’s lead singer, Kevn Kinney, gives a little insight into what Drivin N Cryin is all about: “We are a band that’s like your record collection.” Drawing influence from a wide array of musical elements, Drivin N Cryin has developed a unique sound over the years. Their name derives from the eclectic nature of this sound: a little drivin’ rock n roll and a little country twang. Comfortable with their past and confident in their future, the band has an arsenal of songs, a full tank of gas, and no plans of stopping any time soon.
– ALL AGES- PARTIALLY SEATED SHOWJUMP LITTLE CHILDRENJump, Little Children celebrates 30 years of music on their “Farewell Tour” by coming to town one last time. The grassroots phenomenon will perform crowd favorites from their entire catalog including songs like “Cathedrals”, “Mexico”, and “Hand On My Heartache” as well as songs off of their final album “Foundering” which will be released in September of this year. The original lineup has changed with Matt and Evan Bivins bowing out for this last run, so the band will be joined by some very special guests to fill in on drums, vocals, and other instrumentation.FRANCES CONERolling Stone “With the ethereal flutterings of Bon Iver, the title track smolders through stripped-down verses before reaching the billowing harmonies of the chorus.” Consequence of Sound “…each song feels complete, fully realized as a coherent effort from an artist who appreciates the value in taking your time to reach the finish line.” NPR’s All Songs Considered “…a keenly balanced mix of sweetness, urgency, inventiveness and all-around charm” NPR Artists To Watch at SXSW 2017 “The band doesn’t stay in one place for long, as slow burns make way for soaring catharsis.” Billboard “Leave Without You” Exclusive Premiere “The desert rock-twinged track employs the band’s signature slow build before exploding with synth and drums into the song’s chorus.” AXS Frances Cone Delivers a Soulful Take on Indie-Pop “Ready to make their mark on the world, Frances Cone’s single “Arizona” has already accumulated over six million streams on Spotify.” Stereogum “Arizona” track premiere “’Arizona’ is carried by Cone’s melodic vocals, rich harmonies, and an electrifying guitar sound. As the song builds up to the repetition of ‘I’m so sorry you couldn’t speak,’ it is impossible to ignore the genuine emotion in Cone’s voice.” Noisey “Wait Right Here” premiere “Think Fleetwood Mac meets Dirty Projectors…”