– ALL AGES- STANDING ROOM ONLYELIZA McLAMBListening to Eliza McLamb lilt her vivid, carefully-placed lyrics rife with empathy, emotion, and sensitivity, you get the sense that this is an artist who takes her time. Her earliest releases were recorded in a laundry shed, with little else but her voice and a guitar. Now, with the help of producer Sarah Tudzin (aka illuminati hotties), her sound has opened up into gut-wrenching riffs and lush, full soundscapes — but that original intimacy remains, unwavering and unshakeable even as the sonic world around her expands. While her audience connects deeply with the experiences and emotions put forward in her work, McLamb isn’t performing for the observer: her creative process is a personal practice that borders on spiritual. She’s been writing songs since she was six, and never really expected anyone to listen except herself. Even as her work spread to millions of viewers online, she never divested from her belief in art as a personal — almost therapeutic — act. The fact that her intimate anxieties and experiences can resonate so deeply with so many strangers only confirms the philosophy that runs through her oeuvre: that strong emotions are what connect us all to each other, and that we’re all a lot more connected than we may think. McLamb doesn’t write her music to be gospel — to her audience, it’s something more like a mirror. When you connect with what she writes, you’re really using her writing as an intermediary to connect with yourself. Her work encourages you to self-reflect, accept sensitivity, embrace connection, and perhaps most of all, feel as deeply as you possibly can. MINI TREES Lexi Vega, better known by her stage name Mini Trees, is an American indie rock musician based in Los Angeles. She has toured with Julien Baker as well as Tasha, Briston Maroney, Hovvdy, and Deep Sea Diver. Lexi Vega.
– ALL AGES- STANDING ROOM ONLYTHE BLUE RAGSThe Blue Rags are a revivalist, ragtime boogie-woogie band from Asheville, North Carolina. The band released two albums on the trendsetting Sub Pop label – 1997’s Rag-N-Roll and 1999’s Eat at Joe’s – and toured extensively in the late 90’s. The band’s sound, sometimes described as “punk ragtime,” was an early influence on artists such as The Avett Brothers and Old Crow Medicine Show.
– ALL AGES- STANDING ROOM ONLYALL ABOARD RECORDS PRESENTS ROBBIE ROBERTSON’S LAST WALTZ The Last Waltz is a 1978 concert film by Martin Scorsese that documents The Band’s last concert at Bill Graham’s historical San Francisco concert hall, Winterland. With the BRAND NEW project, “Big Pink” 45 years later, the finest musicians in AVL will pay homage to the legendary concert and the passing of visionaire and band leader Robbie Robertson. Presented by All Aboard Records on Nov. 22nd, 2023, at The Grey Eagle in Asheville, NC. The film is about the joy of live music. It was the Band’s last concert together and marked the end of their touring life. @allaboardrecords project Big Pink and Big Benefit Band supergroup will be joined by more than a dozen special guests, including Ed Jurdi (Band of Heathens), Jack Mascari; Members of Velvet Truckstop, Marcus King Band, The Steep Canyon Rangers, JLloyd Mashup, Travers Brothership and Abby Bryant & The Echoes. Also, starring Joe Medwick, a contemporary of Garth Hudson and The Band. Featuring: @jack_mascari @abbyandtheechoes @bryansolleveld @velvettruckstop @dorseyparker3 @thewarrenhaynes @marcuskingband @thejustinkjohnson @jlloydavl @kyletravers_official @the_band_official_ @martinscorsese_ @steepcanyonrangers @nickyfiddle @joe_medwick @officialgarthhudson @dorseyparkersbigbenefitband @kevinfuller_ @ashleyheathmusicofficial @melissamckinneymusic @de_bsand @thewolfsjaw @goldrosestories
– ALL AGES- STANDING ROOM ONLYNEW WEST RECORDS AND NORMALTOWN RECORDS PRESENTHo Ho Ho Down is an annual charity concert / Xmas party that is making its Asheville debut this year! This year’s event at The Grey Eagle on December 8th features Jaime Wyatt, SUSTO String Band (feat. Holler Choir), The Pink Stones and Julia Sanders, with proceeds from the evening going towards Beloved Asheville. The Ho Down began 12 years ago in NYC (the first four years were at Gramercy Theatre), and since then has traveled to Atlanta, Houston, Athens, Austin, Chattanooga and Greenville… past performers include Futurebirds, J Roddy Walston & The Business, Washed Out, 49 Winchester, Black Joe Lewis, Delicate Steve, The Deslondes, New Madrid, Seratones, Daniel Romano and more.
– ALL AGES- STANDING ROOM ONLYJOJO HERMANNJohn “JoJo” Hermann started playing keys with Widespread Panic in 1992. His major influences stem from New Orleans piano players; most notably Professor Longhair and Dr. John.Throughout his career he has brought his New Orleans piano boogie woogie style into his songwriting.SAM HOLT Sweet, lowdown, and introspective, Sam Holt writes rock songs that are heartfelt and poignant expressions of life experiences that reflect his southern roots. Holt is well known for his guitar tech skills for the late Michael Houser of Widespread Panic, and for his own national touring band Outformation. Sam Holt put his own name front and center with the newly assembled Sam Holt Band, which is anchored by Holt’s distinguished guitar technique – no pick, all thumb! Sam Holt Band brings a hypnotic amalgam of outlaw twang, southern power pop, and face-melting hard rock riff-age. “I really just write from my heart. The music is out there, if I can get out of my own way it’s easier for a song to form,” says Sam. Born in Nashville, TN, Holt spent his youth surrounded by southern rock. The first bands Sam remembers liking were The Charlie Daniels Band and Elvis Presley. Once his mom brought home KISS Alive II, he knew music would be a major part of his life. Graduating from Middle Tennessee State University with a degree in recording engineering Sam went to work at Soundcheck in Nashville. In 2000, Holt became the guitar tech for Michael Houser of the wildly popular Athens, GA band Widespread Panic. Houser was impressed with Sam’s skills and told him should be playing his own music. Sadly, Houser passed away in August of 2002 after a courageous struggle with pancreatic cancer. Sam continued to tech for Widespread Panic, and made frequent onstage appearances playing lead guitar on the Summer 2006 tour. These shows were highly valued by Panic’s die-hard fan base. Armed with that experience and Mike’s encouraging words, Sam started the Atlanta, GA basedband Outformation with Lee Schwartz on drums and Grady Upchurch on bass. Outformation toured for five years and recorded three albums: Tennessee Before Daylight (2005), Traveler’s Rest (2007) and Fastburn (2009). In 2010, the members of Outformation went their separate ways. Holt moved to Colorado and became a part of the vibrant Colorado music scene forming The Sam Holt Band with Michael “Spanky” McCluer on bass, Adam Stern on pedal steel and guitar, and Andy Clapp on drums are adding fresh colors and textures to Holt’s catalog of material. Sam notes, “I’m so lucky to have hooked up with these guys. They are such burning players, and I totally trust them in any situation.”
– ALL AGES- STANDING ROOM ONLYMAIDEN VOYAGEMaiden Voyage is a North Carolina-based, six-piece Iron Maiden tribute band, performing material spanning Iron Maiden’s extensive catalog. We bring the look, sound, feeling, and overall authentic experience every fan expects from a true Maiden show.NOVA OMEGA Nova Omega hails from the Blue Ridge Town Of Asheville, North Carolina. Forged by a fusion of influences such as Rush, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, All that Remains, and Nevermore; Chris Townley (Lead Guitar) and JJ Townley (Rhythm Guitar) create a heavy yet melodic experience with blistering fast and technical leads. After a few line up changes, in late 2020, Adam Lunsford (Drummer) was added to the mix, bringing with him fast and technical drums influenced by the likes of Pantera. Kyle then joined (Singer, Producer), introducing a more modern rock and pop influence into the mix, being inspired by the likes of Red, Breaking Benjamin, and Flyleaf. Finally, to round out the lineup, Puck (Bassist) joined the band, bringing a creative and dynamic songwriting mindset with him. With this foundation, Nova Omega was born… Merging different backgrounds, similar passions, and determination; the band set out to create a musical experience that is unique and of their own. With melodic guitar rhythms and technical leads played by JJ and Chris, mixed with the soothing yet strikingly gritty vocal style of Kyle, Adam’s powerful but jazz like drums, and Puck’s creativity, the band has forged a dynamic and powerful sound that is unique in the Alternative Metal genre.
– ALL AGES- STANDING ROOM ONLYMIDNIGHT NORTHThere’s Always a Story represents a new chapter for Midnight North. Ten stories told through song on their most polished album to date. Reflecting on the time since their origin, Midnight North is ready to tell the world its story. A group of multi-instrumentalists with songwriting roots in Folk and Americana, Midnight North is a mainstay on the stages of the national touring circuit. Rolling Stone hailed Midnight North as the “Best New Act” in its review of 2018’s Peach Music Festival saying the band “takes the best parts of roots music and weaves them into a tapestry of rock and Americana.”Grahame Lesh, Elliott Peck, & Connor O’Sullivan began playing together in San Francisco. In early 2012 they played their first show as Grahame Lesh & Friends. Grahame & Elliott both brought a repertoire of original music to this new project that was a perfect marriage once the band began performing in earnest. In late 2012 the band went into the studio for the first time, tracking the entirety of their debut album End of the Night in just 2 days. End of the Night (mixed & produced by Connor) was released in June 2013 as they officially debuted the name Midnight North.The band began touring in June 2015, with the release of their second album Scarlet Skies. That began a five year run as a touring band, playing in 36 states in front of thousands of people across the country. They released Under the Lights, their most successful studio album to date, in summer 2017. “Across all of the tracks, when you think you have the band pegged for a style or a genre, all of a sudden a chorus, or a new solo or new instrument altogether, diverts the music boldly but smartly to a new sound and feel,” said The Poke Around in their review of Under the Lights. They also released two live albums including 2018’s Selections From the Great American Music Hall which featured Bob Weir & Phil Lesh of the Grateful Dead plus members of Twiddle as special guests.A pivotal moment for the band came when Grahame met drummer Nathan Graham at a benefit show in Philadelphia in 2016. A month later Nathan sat in with the band for a show, eventually joining the band for their longest tour to date in the Spring of 2017. Bringing on the well seasoned drummer as a full-time member of the band (and learning about his banjo playing, singing, and song-writing skills) represented the next step forward as plans were made to record their fourth studio album.In January 2020, the band went into a California studio with producer David Simon-Baker to craft their fourth studio album, There’s Always a Story, released in 2021 on Americana Vibes. As the world shut down in March and the band quarantined separately around the country, the album was finished remotely in California and Pennsylvania. As the months ticked by they let the rest of the newly written & recorded songs sink into their consciousness so that when work resumed on the album in June the entire album became even better than they could have hoped.RIVER TRAMPSRiver Tramps blend the best elements of folk, blues, and classic country music, crafting tunes with harmony, gypsy jazz flourishes, and twang.
– ALL AGES- STANDING ROOM ONLYTHE SCHIZOPHONICSOver the last few years, THE SCHIZOPHONICS have built up a formidable reputation around the world as an explosive live act. Tapping into the same unstoppable combination of rock ‘n’ roll energy and showmanship that fueled THE MC5 in the heyday of the Grande Ballroom, their wild live show is heavily influenced by artists like JAMES BROWN, IGGY POP, JIMI HENDRIX, LITTLE RICHARD, and THE SONICS. Singer/guitarist Pat Beers and drummer Lety Beers formed the band in San Diego in 2009 and have worked tirelessly since then, playing hundreds of shows around the globe. In 2013 they were recruited as the backing/opening band for EL VEZ, which helped the band make a name for itself in Europe. Since then, they’ve played in numerous countries, and supported tours by like-minded acts like ROCKET FROM THE CRYPT, LITTLE BARRIE, THE WOGGLES and have opened for the DAMNED, DEVO, HIVES and CAGE THE ELEPHANT. Shindig magazine described their live show “Like watching some insane hybrid of WAYNE KRAMER, JAMES BROWN, and the Tazmanian Devil”.POWDER HORNS Powder Horns is a band born from the mind of Brett J Kent in Asheville, NC. Based in the traditions of the almighty rock and roll, Powder Horns finds itself a culmination of influences and life experiences.
– ALL AGES- STANDING ROOM ONLYReady to dance? LET’S PARTY! Brought to you by Le Petite Fete
– ALL AGES- LIMITED PATIO SEATING IN FIRST COME FIRST SERVEDHALF GRINGA Emerging from Chicago’s flourishing indie music scene, Half Gringa creates music informed by contemporary indie-rock and Latin American and midwestern folk. “When you grew up in the Midwest really into alternative rock, but heard a lot of country music in the supermarket,” offers Isabel Olive, the songwriter and multi-instrumentalist at the core of Half Gringa, when asked to place her music in a specific genre. “Or when your mom loved Bruce Springsteen and Maná and sometimes your brain starts playing them at the same time.” The name Half Gringa is both a tribute to and study of her legacy, stemming from a childhood term of endearment as “la Gringa” in her Venezuelan family and her bicultural experience growing up in the United States. Olive’s work seeks to narrate her tireless pursuit as a pupil of both her origins and her experiences. Force to Reckon is the Chicago-based artist’s second full-length album, following her locally acclaimed debut, Gruñona, which landed on Chicago Magazine’s “10 Best Chicago Albums of 2017” and Chicago Reader’s “Best Chicago Albums of the Decade.” On the self-produced 9-song set, Olive is joined by her full-time band members — Nathan Bojko (drums), Sam Cantor (guitar), Andres Fonseca (bass), Lucy Little (violin) — as well as Ivan Pyzow on trumpet, with occasional harmonies and piano from fellow Chicago singer/songwriter Gia Margaret. But Force to Reckon has the intimacy of a solo project, and engaged listening feels like a glimpse into Olive’s journals of the last three years. “I’m very goal-oriented, but I’m also a very anxious person,” she says. “And I always need to have a plan or a process and try to predict every outcome so I’m prepared with my next move. When I started writing these songs I was feeling emotionally upended, a bunch of things came at me that I did not predict, and instead of feeling and responding in the moment, I swallowed all of it. These songs feel like little eruptions as a result, they’re all trying to reach a point of catharsis, but you can’t force catharsis.” Vocally forward and instrumentally full, the songs on Force to Reckon have a quality that feels personal, yet meant to be shared. Olive’s poetry background is prominently displayed, with carefully selected words used to craft narratives grounded in various different textures, and each part feels intentional and precise. It’s meticulously composed but not cautious. “I was trying to figure out how to express my own vulnerability, my love towards other people, in a way that felt like I was giving myself permission to do so, while accepting that loss and estrangement are inevitable,” she goes on to say. Each song reaches a climactic peak in its own way and even slower tracks on the album capture something that feels expansive, both sonically and emotionally. “I don’t know your feelings by their first name,” Olive sings emphatically on “Afraid of Horses,” an apology punctuated by a pizzicato violin echo and soft harmonies from Gia Margaret. And although the record is steeped in heavy-hearted themes, Olive often dissects those subjects using tongue-in-cheek humor: “1991 was good to you and I,” the 28-year-old deadpans at the start of upbeat opener “1990,” which traces the anxieties of adulthood back to oft-forgotten childhood memories.