– ALL AGES- STANDING ROOM ONLYSOMEWHAT PETTY Somewhat Petty is an Asheville-based tribute band playing the best of rock icon, Tom Petty, and of course the Heartbreakers with some Traveling Wilburys thrown in for good measure. Somewhat Petty is composed of 6 local musicians, all with one common goal: playing great rock music everyone loves – 40 years of Tom Petty & company. Damon Goldman – lead vocals/guitarist Sam Vulopas – drummer/vocalsAndy Potter – lead guitarist/vocalsDan Charlson – bass/vocalsTracy Levi – keys/percussion/vocalsJim Stair – organ/keys/guitar/harmonica/vocals
50th Anniversary of Watkins Glen Summer Jam (featuring Idlewild South, Dirty Dead, and Eric Travers Band)
– ALL AGES- STANDING ROOM ONLYIDLEWILD SOUTH (Allman Brothers Band)IDLEWILD SOUTH, The Allman Brothers Band Tribute, was founded by keyboardist and vocalist Don Eason, a veteran musician whose initial influence of The Allman Brothers Band’s live performance goes back to his first concert experience of the band on Easter Weekend of 1970, at The Winter’s End Concert in Bithlo, Florida. A duo of drummers, Robert Kintner and L.A. Freeman , plus percussionIst Roland J. Beckerman provide the foundation. Slide Guitarist/Vocalist Dave George and Lead Guitarist/ Vocalist Mark Mulholland bring forth the dual guitar harmonies and searing guitar leads Duane Allman and Dickey Betts pioneered in the late 1960’s. Former Dickey Betts Band Bassist Marty Privette holds down vocals and the bottom end for the band. In the tradition of The Allman Brothers Band, IDLEWILD SOUTH’s live shows can exceed a staggering 3 1/2 to 4 hours in length. The set lists are different every night, drawing from The Allman Brothers Bands self-titled debut album, 2nd album Idlewild South, Live At Fillmore East, Eat A Peach, and Brothers and Sisters, all recorded between 1969 and 1974. A few select songs from their albums between 1989 and 2000 are also included. Over the years IDLEWILD SOUTH has had the privilege of having Johnny Neel (Allman Brothers Band), Bruce Katz (Gregg Allman Band), Lamar Williams, Jr. (Son of former ABB Bassist Lamar Williams) and Guitarist Chris Hicks of The Marshall Tucker Band sit in for multiple shows. All of these great musicians will continue to play with IDLEWILD SOUTH as scheduling permits.DIRTY DEAD (Grateful Dead) Dirty Dead is a Grateful Dead / Jerry Garcia Band tribute band from Asheville, NC. The group creates fresh, new versions of the classic Dead tunes. Bringing in funk, reggae, hard rock, country, jazz flute and almost anything new and different, DD causes a ruckus with their new sound. Yet their roots to the music that Jerry and the Dead fostered is palpable. Dirty Dead’s performances strive for the same energy of improvisation to ‘bring out their dead’ vibe. The band is becoming known for its open, GD family vibe. They frequently welcome awesome talent to the stage to join the band for their epic sets. Since their first performance in September of 2016, the group has built a strong following. ERIC TRAVERS BAND (The Band)
– ALL AGES- FULLY SEATED SHOW- LIMITED NUMBER OF PREMIUM SEATING TICKETS AVAILABLEALIEN MUSIC CLUB PRESENTS LEONARD COHEN: THE DEEP CUTS Audiences emerge with their minds blown, saying “I thought I knew Leonard Cohen; I had no idea how prolific he was; This is a whole new universe of songs and emotions.” People rave about thought-provoking, meaningful songs of love, hate & redemption, with striking, original interpretations/arrangements of unforgettable songs by the late, great Canadian singer/songwriter, often compared to the likes of Bob Dylan, Tom Waits, Roger Waters & Paul Simon. They absorb spell-binding performances with rich textures and virtuosity by a stellar lineup featuring Ryan Kijanka on bass (Sirius B, Asheville Symphony), Micah Thomas on drums/vocals (Brushfire Stankgrass, Nuclear Tiger), Scott Sharpe on pedal steel (Steelin’ Time), Franklin Keel on electric cello (Sirius B, Asheville Symphony, Upland Drive) and Jonathan Pearlman (JP) guitar/vocals.Alien Music Club is essentially an on-going studio/live performance project conceived and produced by Jonathan Pearlman (JP) of Asheville, NC. JP is currently showcasing two successful tribute shows: “Tom Waits: The Early Years” and “Leonard Cohen: The Deep Cuts”. Past tribute shows include “Paul Simon Meets The Beatles” and “The British Are Coming”. He is also showcasing his own original music in a series of jazz/rock/fusion shows starting in 2023. The list of Pearlman’s musical collaborators is extensive. He has performed with Peggy Ratusz, Zack Page, Connor Law, Ben Colvin, Kelly Jones, Jesse Barry, Ryan Kijanka, Chuck Lichtenberger, Taylor Pierson, Micah Thomas, Jason DeCristofaro, Ben Bjorlie, Linda Mitchell, Jacob Rodriguez, Justin Ray, Justin Watt, Russ Wilson, Reggie Headen, Jay Hoots, Aaron Price, Eric Congdon…The list is long and continues to grow.THE MOON AND YOUAt its core, The Moon and You is a charismatic husband-and-wife team. Melissa Hyman plays cello, Ryan Furstenberg plays guitar and banjo, and both sing in “voices that sound like they were made for one another” (Bill DeYoung, Connect Savannah). But whatever you might assume based on their gorgeous vocal blend and heartfelt lyrics, this ain’t your basic folk duo. With a rotating cast of talented friends to add unexpected instrumentation to their lineup, The Moon and You never plays the same show twice. This ever-evolving, expandable and collapsible model leaves the band constantly reinventing itself in ways both surprising and satisfying.Currently calling Asheville, NC home, Furstenberg and Hyman mix up a fresh blend of influences from very different backgrounds. Melissa grew up in the NYC area studying classical cello. Her dad is a professional violinist and formal music instructor, her mom a fan of 60s folk who loves to host a good old fashioned sing-along. Ryan was born and raised among the Eastern NC tobacco fields, learning classic country and 70s rock on harmonica and then guitar. His rich country baritone and easy Southern style bring an undeniable Americana flavor to the table.
– ALL AGES- STANDING ROOM ONLYTHE FOOZER EXPERIENCEPerformed by El Scorcho & February Stars, “The Foozer Experience” is a 2+ hour Weezer/Foo Fighters tribute show based off their 2005 co-headlining tour with the moniker “Foozer.” The songs of both Weezer and Foo Fighters are powerful and memorable rock anthems and sing-a-longs that have proven the test of time over their 20+ year careers. The Foozer Experience delivers anthem after anthem from these two giants of the Alternative Rock era.The Foozer Experience is a 2-band tribute show, but both bands can deliver a single show as each individual tribute act. Together or separate, El Scorcho & February Stars will leave audiences with an experience only rivaled by Weezer and Foo FIghters.El Scorcho formed in the summer of 2004 with the goal of creating the highest quality Weezer experience next to actually seeing Weezer live. El Scorcho performs the best of the “Blue” and “Pinkerton” albums as well as classic deeper cuts, rarities, and new songs that the ever prolific Weezer continues to produce. The “Quintessential Weezer Tribute Band” quickly grew into one into one of the highest in-demand tribute acts across the Southeast. After Karl Koch (Weezer’s “5th member” and website administrator) caught word of El Scorcho, he immediately started to post show dates and news clips about the tribute act on Weezer’s website, http://weezer.com. El Scorcho has even had the privilege of performing on-stage with Weezer during their 2008 tour of the “Red” Album. To this day, Karl continues to support the band by tweeting their show announcements.February Stars deliver the best live Foo Fighters show with songs spanning their entire career. Foo Fighters are arguably keeping the rock n roll torch lit by delivering melodic and guitar riff-based songs that everyone knows. With a catalog of over 12 full-length studio, live, and EP recordings and a 20+ year career, there is no doubt they are one of the most recognized and influential rock bands of the modern era.
– ALL AGES- LIMITED PATIO SEATING IS FIRST COME, FIRST SERVEDIMIJ OF SOUL ImiJ of Soul (pronounced image) is a celebration of all things Jimi Hendrix! A psychedelic juggernaut playing Jimi with authenticity and reverence. Already noticed by the man who played Jimi’s parts with Billy and Buddy in Band of Gypsys (Andy Aledort) and literally wrote the book on Hendrix, ImiJ brings the Jimi experience live to you. “ImiJ of Soul play Jimi Hendrix’s music with a truly authentic vibe and attitude, check them out!” – Andy Aledort…Guitar World Magazine, Band of Gypsys “Some folks just get it, these guys GET it! ImiJ of Soul bring the music of Jimi Hendrix to life, no impersonations, no tricks just rockin the tunes we all grown to love, if you love Hendrix you need to see ImiJ of Soul” – Dustin Brayley…Trans Siberian Orchestra Bill Altman …guitar and vocalFatty Be …bass guitar and vocalDavid Cohen …drums
– ALL AGES- STANDING ROOM ONLYASHEVILLE’S ALL-STARS AND ALL ABOARD RECORDS PRESENT: THE LAST WALTZ ANNIVERSARY Asheville’s All Stars are recreating “The Last Waltz” concert and film by The Band and Martin Scorsese on Nov. 23rd at The Grey Eagle. Hosted by Eric Travers, Alex Bradley, Jonathan Lloyd, Oliver Snow, Spiro Nicolopoulos and more!!
– ALL AGES- DANCING ROOM ONLY- ADULT PROM!! A MOST REGAL COUPLE will be crowned!THE NEON QUEEN: ABBAsolutely Fabulous Tribute Show The Neon Queen formed in 2018 out of a desire to do something unique to honor the timeless songwriting of ABBA. Our high-energy, female-fronted show covers the hits like “Dancing Queen” and “Mamma Mia,” but also lesser-known, highly danceable singles like “Summer Night City.” Woven throughout the show you will also hear the music of other icons like Madonna, Donna Summer, and even Dolly Parton. Due to the enduring popularity of ABBA, our performances appeal to a wide audience. From fans of the musical and movies, to folks who remember grooving to ABBA in the 1970s—there’s something for everyone in our show.